Doha hosted the General Assembly of the Asian Gymnastics Union
On January 14 - 16, the reporting and election General Assembly of the Asian Gymnastics Union (AGU) was held in the capital of Qatar, Doha. On the first day, within the framework of the meeting of the Executive Assembly, technical issues were considered, including candidate countries for hosting the Asian Championship in all gymnastic disciplines for the period 2023-2024. According to the voting results, the Uzbekistan Gymnastics Federation defended the right to organize and hold the following events in the country:
1. Asian Acrobatics Championship - October 2023;
2. Licensed for the XXXIII Olympic Senior Gymnastics Championship, as well as the Asian Junior Championship - May, 2024;
3. Licensed for the XXXIII Olympic Championship in rhythmic gymnastics among seniors, as well as the Asian Championship among juniors - May, 2024;
4. Educational course for coaches in artistic gymnastics 2023;
5. Educational course for parkour trainers 2023;
Subsequently, the AGU assemblies, as well as the results of the vote, were elected as the President of the Asian Gymnastics Union, Vice-Presidents of the AGU (According to Asian Zones), a member of the executive committee, the chairman of the committee of committees for all gymnastic disciplines. Based on the voting results, Rahman Al Shatri (Qatar) was re-elected President of the EAC.
Representatives of the Uzbekistan Gymnastics Federation were also elected for various positions in the AGU:
1. President of the ASU Rhythmic Gymnastics Committee (RG/TC) - Gyozal Muminova, Acting First Vice-President of the FSU;
2. Vice President of ASU, President of the Central and Southern Zone - Timur Abduvaliev, Secretary General of the FSU;
3. Member of the Technical Committee of Gymnastics for All (GfA/TC) - Yulia Rodimtseva, Chairman of the Technical Board of Gymnastics for All of the FGU;
4. Member of the Technical Committee of Men's Artistic Gymnastics (MAG / TC) - Ravshan Mirzaev, Chairman of the Technical Board of Men's Artistic Gymnastics of the Federal State University;
5. Member of the Women's Artistic Gymnastics Committee (WAG / TC) - Stella Koshechkina, Chairman of the FGU Women's Artistic Gymnastics Technical Board;
6. Member of the Trampoline Committee (TRA/TS) - Ekaterina Khilko, coach of the FGU trampoline team.
Elections for the President of the Acrobatics Committee moved to the chairmanship of the AGU Executive Committee. For this reason, the candidate from Uzbekistan is applying - Shaipov Damir, chairman of the technical board of sports acrobatics of the Federal State University.
It should be noted that of the 39 member countries of the Asian Gymnastics Union of Uzbekistan, together with Japan, there are the largest positions in the leadership of the AGU and its committees. In addition, out of 4 zones of the continent of the Central and Southern zone, headed by Timur Abduvaliev, it has the largest number of countries - 11: Freedom, consciousness, India, Iran, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan.